Saturday 22 October 2016

Sleek Matte Me Lipstick

The liquid lipstick craze has taken 2016 by storm, and as a lippie lover myself I simply had to get on board with this trend. A little while ago I purchased the Sleek Matte Me lipstick in Birthday Suit for just £4.99, which I thought was a pretty good price. Liquid lipsticks are so different from anything I've ever tried so here are my thoughts on it:



Formula


The novelty of liquid lipsticks is something that really intrigues me, since I love the idea of just painting on your lipstick! This lipstick is really quick to dry, which means it doesn't smudge easily. The only thing I will say about this formula is that it's pretty drying on the lips, so I'd advise wearing a lip balm underneath and you'll be good to go!

This is what the colour looks like on my skin tone

Colour


I've tried a couple of Matte Me lipsticks now, and the ones I've tried are all super pigmented. You seriously only need to apply one layer to get a full coverage. Which, for wearing liquid lipsticks, is a good think because applying more than one layer can give a cakey patchy effect. The colour really impressed me and Birthday Suit is the ideal "your lips but better" shade. I think I've finally found my perfect everyday colour. 



Lasting Power


Compared to other drugstore lipsticks I've tried, the lasting power of this particular product is nothing to boast about. I will admit that it survives eating and drinking with it on for the first hour or so. But after that it does begin to peel, and as I said before, reapplying liquid lipstick can sorta mess with the texture of the lipstick if you apply too many layers at once. 


Feel & Taste


In just a quick summary, I really like the feel and taste of this lipstick. I've tried some lipsticks that are really over-scented and this one isn't at all. And although I mentioned that this lipstick can leave your lips feeling kinda dry, they do feel velvety and smooth at the same time. Throughout the day I do find myself rubbing my lips together just because I like the finish of the lipstick. Is that really weird lol?!

Overall I would rate this lipstick a 7.5/10. The pigmentation of these lipsticks are absolutely gorgeous and I have already picked up a few more from this brand to build up my colour collection. However, the lasting power is a bit of a let down for me and I don't find myself reaching for this lipstick when I know I'll be going out for a long time. I would definitely recommend this lipstick though, just remember to always keep it in your makeup bag to reapply it after a little while ;)

Izzy K xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment