Friday 20 July 2018

Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Lip Liner & Lipstick

It's well known within the makeup world that Charlotte Tilbury's Lip Cheat (£16) in the shade Pillow Talk is a cult favourite. And then the beauty community lost their minds when Charlotte released the best selling shade as one of her Matte Revolution Lipsticks (£24). This duo was so iconic that I actually couldn't get my hands on it anywhere until now. 
























The lip cheats are designed to re-shape and re-size your lips. Personally, I have the thinnest "white person" lips imaginable and over lining my lips always looked fake. However, with this lip cheat, you can literally draw them on as big as you like with them still looking natural. 

The shade Pillow Talk has been such a hit because it happens to be a shade that suits everyone. It's the perfect your lips but better shade. One the first glance I thought this shade wouldn't suit me because it seemed too pink for a nude lipstick, however when I tried it I realized it was in fact pretty close to my natural shade. 

And this lip liner also helps me to apply my lipstick with precision without going over the lines, and it keeps my lipstick on longer in general. It's not hard to apply at all, with the tip being small enough for precision, but also allows you to colour in your whole lips if you wish. This little cheat has become a handbag essential of mine!





Now onto the main show, the lipstick. The application is so easy, it literally glides on. Considering it is a matte lipstick it isn't drying at all on your lips. The only thing I will say is that compared to other matte lipsticks I have, it doesn't last as long. However, it does last an entire afternoon without needing a retouch so it's good enough for me. The colour is also a perfect match to the liner too, making it a perfect combination.

This lipstick and liner combo is the ultimate power couple of lip products, and I would rate it a 9/10 overall. It most definitely will be repurchased for me when I inevitably use it all up. And friends, if you don't have them in your collection I would definitely recommend it,

Izzy K xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment