Wednesday 29 October 2014

Skull Nails

As its the 31st of October this Friday I decided to do a Halloween themed post. After thinking about what I should do, I decided to do a step by step tutorial for "skull nails". These were fairly easy to do and I'm sure that if I could do it anyone can. I know I'm not a nail expert and these are no where near a proffessional standard, but I thought I'd just share a fun little design. 


The finished look


What you will need:

  • Base Coat (optional)
  • White nail varnish
  • Black nail varinsh
  • Top coat (optional)
  • Dotting tool
  • Thin brush
If you do not have a nail brush or dotting tool you could use a toothpick. 

Step 1


If you wish, paint your nails using a base coat. This stops your actual nails staining once you remove the nail polish.


I know my nails are in serious need for TLC...

Step 2


Paint your nails white. You may have to do several layers to make sure the colour is bold.


One layer

Two layers

Step 3 


Carefully draw the jaw-line onto your skull. 



Step 4


Using the dotting tool (or tooth pick) draw two circles for eyes. You may have to use quite a lot of nail varnish to get a big dot. 




Step 5


Using less varnish, draw two slightly smaller circles in the middle of your nail. This is your skull's nose.




Step 6


Draw a thin, horizontal line connecting both jaw-lines. Then draw small, vertical lines along it. This creates the mouth effect. 



Step 7


Again, if you wish, you can add a top coat. This will keep your nail varnish on longer and also prevent chipping. Voila: Your skull nails are now complete!

Finished!


I hope you enjoyed reading about how I did my nails this halloween. Let me know in the comments how you did your nails xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment