Monday 22 June 2015

Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish

I'm pretty sure its obvious that Rimmel is my favourite makeup line, so its no surprise that I went straight to this brand to pick up a new nude lipstick. I was drawn straight to the Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish in the shade 03 because it was exactly the colour I was looking for. They have a wide range of shades which means everyone is bound to find something for them. I picked it up for £5.49 from Superdrug, which is an incredible price for such a good quality lipstick. 

The lipsticks in this line all have the same classy, black packaging

I've already tried and reviewed the Rimmel Kate Moss Matte Version before here. They are very similar products, which I'm glad about since I was so deeply impressed by my last lipstick purchase. They do have slight variations in formula though, so I thought I'd give this one a review too. 

The first thing that draws me to this product is the elegant packaging. It's black and very sleek and looks snazzy as an item in your handbag. I should also mention that all the shades in the brand have the same packaging. Thankfully, Rimmel have labeled the shade and the number at the bottom which means you can distinguish between the shades. 

Look how easy it is to distinguish between shades!

This lipstick has a fantastic formula and is very highly pigmented. You only need one layer for full coverage which means it is very quick to apply. Perfect for if you're on the go! Also, it's smooth so glides on easily. Something that is vital for lipstick is that it tastes good because, well, its on your lips. This one has a lovely taste, but I can't quite explain it. 

After trying the matte version, I realised that this version didn't last as long. Don't get me wrong, it is still lasts 2-4 hours (depending on how much you eat and drink) but the matte version lasts a lot longer. Also, as I've said before, I find that there is not a lot of product with this brand. That's mainly me being greedy though and I always want more from this product. And its not the end of the world if you use it up quickly because Rimmel is very affordable and you can always pop back and get more. 

There's not that much product in a tube, but it's good enough for me. 

Overall, I was very impressed with this product, and does the job better than more expensive lipsticks I've tried. I do slightly prefer the matte version, but I would still rate this highly with a 8.5/10. I will most definitely be repurchasing this lipstick and building up a mini collection. It will be my go-to lipstick from now on. Have you tried this lipstick too, and if so, what did you think? xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment