Saturday 9 June 2018

Izzynterview With: Ryenn Hayes

A couple of years ago I received a supportive comment on my mental health series on YouTube from the lovely Ryenn Hayes. To this day I would still regard her as one of my closest friends and her kindness really comes across online. Her confidence on camera really drew me in and her channel covers lots of topics such as mental health awareness, art and poetry. You can tell she is passionate about everything she talks about, and if you haven't already please check out her channel because she deserves so many more subscribers. 


To get to know her a bit better I asked Ryenn 10 questions: 

1. You come across as being very passionate about YouTube and are a natural in front of the camera. What first made you want to start posting YouTube videos?

Well, I got really into YouTube in 2012 when I came across Carrie Hope Fletcher's channel through a collab she did with Dan Howell. I immediately fell in love with everything she did, and she was really an idol for me for a long time; she helped me through some really difficult times. I kind of wanted to be able to do that too, but I was really young at the time. So, when I was going through different things in 2015 I decided to make a channel. The goal was just to talk about things I was going through, and maybe be able to look back on it. Either to see how far I've come, or to help myself by seeing what I'm like when I'm doing better. As I started posting videos more it was just kind of about raising awareness for mental illness. That's something I'm very passionate about. 


2. Inspiration can come from all sorts of places, name something that has recently made you feel inspired?

I'm really inspired by the idea of making a difference. So when I listen to something or read something that is impactful and meaningful, it inspires me to do good. I want to one day die knowing that I made a mark; I did something good. 


3. What do you typically enjoy doing in your spare time?

I love to write, draw and play video games. I'm not very interesting!


4. If you had to make a playlist consisting of only 3 music artists, who would you pick and why?

This is very difficult, but probably Hayley Kikoko, Dodie Clark and Kelly Clarkson. I listen to a lot of Disney and musical theatre as well, but those don't really count as artists. Hayley Kiyoko's music are just constantly bops, Dodie makes me super happy, and Kelly Clarkson has been one of my favorites since I was very young. 



5. There's no better feeling than genuinely laughing until your stomach hurts. What is the last thing that made you laugh?

I played a game with some friends called Quiplash. It's a game like Apples to Apples or Cards Against Humanity except you type in your own answers. Every time we play I just absolutely lose my mind laughing. 


6. If you got the chance to go on holiday anywhere in the world, where would you choose?

I really want to go to Disney in Florida. I've never been, and Disney movies are my favourite things. I'd also love to go to Ireland since that's where my family is from. 


7. What is something you've always wanted to try, but never have?

Dance! Technically, I did dance when I was little for like two years, but that hardly counts since I was five. I wish I had done ballet for longer, or even something like figure skating!


8. What is the best piece of advice you've ever been given and who gave it to you?

This is really difficult since I've been given a lot of advice. It's hard to remember what I've been told and who told it to me. However, there is one phrase that was told to me by a tech in a hospital I was in. "I am valued. I am loved. God's blessings are chasing me down and overtaking me. I am excited about my future". It's an affirmation, not advice, but it's one that really meant something to me at the time. I don't necessarily know if I believe in a God, but even if someone doesn't, the rest of it is really important to remind yourself of in times of struggle. You are valued. You are loved even if you don't feel it. You have a future that is worth chasing. Never forget the importance of your life. 


9. If you had to be remembered fro one message on your channel, what would you want it to be?

That you are never alone and that you are always loved and cared about. Someone is always willing to be there for you, to help you. 


10. What goal would you like to achieve within the next year?

Just to get through my first year of university alright, maybe work on my books more, and I want to start up YouTube regularly again. I hope to grow more confident in myself as a person, but that's more of a long term goal. 


I'd like to say a huge thank you to Ryenn for taking part in this post. I thoroughly enjoyed reading through all these answers, and I hope you check out Ryenn's channel if you haven't already!

Izzy K xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment