Friday 13 March 2015

Lasting Finish vs Match Perfection

For many, many years Rimmel has been my favourite makeup brand. I know that I can always rely on it for a good product for a reasonable price. I brought two of their foundations and decided to write a post comparing the two. As you may have guessed from the title, these foundations are Lasting Finish and Match Perfection

What I liked about Lasting Finish


Lasting Finish in the shade "soft beige"

Lasting finish has great coverage. I found that it would hide any redness and cover spots perfectly. There is almost no need for concealer when you apply just one layer of this foundation.

Another thing that really impressed me was the lasting power it had. Isn't it strange that lasting finish has good lasting power haha! But seriously, it says on the bottle that it lasts for 25 hours and that is absolutely true. Not that you would need it to last that long on a daily basis but its still useful that you don't need to reapply it throughout the day.

If you've read my posts about Rimmel foundation's before than you'll know I really like the smell of them, as strange as that sounds. It's a lovely fruity scent which makes my face feel really fresh. 


Things I wasn't too keen on with Lasting Finish


I thought that Lasting Finish did not blend well at all. You need a pretty good makeup brush to be able to apply it evenly. Also, it dried pretty quickly which meant I had to try and blend it quickly. 


I found this foundation felt really heavy on my skin and I don't like wearing it too many days in a row because it feels like it's too much for my skin to handle. Also, I found that it sinks into my skin, maximizing the appearance of my pores. 

What I liked about Match Perfection


Match Perfection in the shade "soft beige"

I loved the fact that this foundation is a lot lighter on my skin. It feels natural and it is a lot less noticeable than Lasting Finish.


I also found that this particular foundation blended pretty well. I find it really good because it means you don't get that awkward foundation line around your chin. I'm always guilty of having that line because I live in constant denial about how pale I am. But it's pretty easy to get away with a slightly darker colour with this foundation because you can blend it nice and smoothly. 


Things I wasn't too keen on with Match Perfection



Going back to the topic of nice smelling foundation (sorry if that sounds really weird) I thought this had a weaker smell out of both of them. I don't feel as fresh when applying this, and in my opinion it should have the "classic" Rimmel foundation smell.


Another thing is that the colour was pretty misleading. Compared to the other foundations in the same shade by Rimmel, it looked a lot paler. I'm glad I tested it before I brought it because otherwise I think I would have brought a darker shade. 


Is it just me or do they look like two completely different shades?


Overall I prefer Match Perfection out of the two of them but I think that's just because it suits my skin better. Nevertheless I would still recommend the two of them. I would rate Lasting Finish a 7/10 and Match Perfection a slightly higher 8/10. Thank you very much for reading, I will answer any questions in the comments xxx


2 comments: