She's so gorgeous and her style is amazing. This is from her Thanksgiving Day Outfit's post
1. Is this the first ever blog you've had, and if not what were the other's like?
The Thirty Something Life is my first ever blog. I thought for years about starting a blog but never had the courage (or knowledge) to do it until recently.
2. What is the biggest milestone you've achieved in your life so far and how has it changed you?
The biggest milestone so far for me has been riding Salt to Saint this year. It's a 425-mile bike race done across my home state. I did relay style in a team of 8 so I rode roughly 60 miles. It was such a game changer for me in how I thought about myself and what I was capable of. I wasn't the fastest person ever, but I felt so good knowing I accomplished something like that.
3. If you were only able to listen to 3 music albums for the rest of your life, which ones would you choose (it's a hard choice I know!)
This is a really hard one. First would have to be Fun.'s album Some Nights. That whole album is amazing. Second would have to be Rilo Kiley's More Adventurous, another great album. And last would be Weezer's Blue album, only because that literally was my life throughout high school.
4. If you had £1000 to spend in any shop, which one would it be?
This is hard. Practical me would say somewhere like Target because you can get anything from groceries to clothes to makeup; basically anything you could possibly want. But dreamer me would say Ted Baker because I LOVE the aesthetic of his products because they are so beautiful and well made.
5. I feel like starting a blog is either a spontaneous decision or one that takes lot's of planning. What was your process like for starting your blog?
It was definitely a lot of planning, mostly because I'm not tech savvy in the least, so I had no idea where to start. I was scared to even talk about it because it seems like something a lot of people find ridiculous. Luckily, my husband really supported the idea and really helped me get the whole thing going. He found a host (I didn't even know what a host was!), brought my domain name, worked with me to create a banner and set up my entire blog. I basically just had to start posting, so I was very lucky to have so much help!
6. Blogging opens so many opportunities, what is the best thing that's happened to you through blogging so far?
I think the best thing about blogging has been getting to collaborate with so many other bloggers, even across the world like you with this Q&A! It is also amazing to be able to connect with so many people, whether it's working on a blog post together or simply supporting each other. Blogging's opened up a lot of doors so far as working with and meeting so many people from different places, it's amazing.
7. Since it's getting closer to Christmas, I couldn't resist asking this: At what time of the year do you start to get into the Christmas spirit?
October. As soon as October hits and the weather starts cooling down I go in full Christmas mode. I start planning, sorting through decorations, drinking all the Christmassy drinks, baking all the Christmassy goods and listening to all the Christmas songs I can.
8. Would you rather travel 5 years into the future or 5 years into the past, but you couldn't change what was happening when you were there either way.
This is such a good question. I would rather travel 5 years into the past. Even if I couldn't change anything, I think I'd rather relive that time with the knowledge of where I am now, then go into the future and see where I will be. I'd be too afraid it would make me live my current life differently. Like knowing where I would be in 5 years I would make different choices either leading to or away from that. I believe that what's meant to happen should happen.
9. It's always nice to gather advice from other bloggers when you're on a blogging journey, so what advice would you give to any aspiring bloggers reading this?
I would just say do it because you really enjoy it. Whether you have 1 follower or a million if you don't love it, it's just really hard work. If you love what you're doing your content will show that. Also, comment and support other bloggers and really get into the community. It makes a big difference when you do have those down times, as all bloggers do.
10. And finally, what is the main message that you're trying to get across with your blog?
I wanted to start a blog that is just for every person who loves makeup, fashion, food and fun as much as I do. I like to think of it as a place you go when you want to talk to your best friend about something, to share something fun you bought or that you learned. It's basically just a meeting place for friends.
Please do yourselves a favor and get to know Kim through her blog if you haven't already, you can tell she puts a lot of time and effort into it. I'm so happy to have her feature on my blog and I know I'd get on well with someone if they like Ted Baker. I agree, the aesthetic of their designs are perfection. Thank you for reading,
Izzy K xxx