Saturday 24 September 2016

Barry M Genie

I've never really been the biggest fan ever of pink lipsticks on me, because I can never really pull them off. Every pink shade I've tried has never really suited me, so I was so intrigued to try the Genie lipstick from Barry M when I heard that it adapts to each individual person to find a unique shade that suits them. I managed to pick this lipstick up for just £4.99, which I thought was pretty affordable.




The first thing I have to talk about is the packaging. With it's bright green tube, and pink lid this product definitely stands out from the rest of the lipsticks in the Barry M range, and indeed from any other brand.

Second of all, I'll have to talk about the application. I find that this has a very smooth consistency and is able to apply an even coat in just one layer.


Here's a very simple video of me applying it 
and the colour change occurring


This is a lil swatch of the colour once it's applied

Even though the bullet of this lipstick is bright green, it's not green at all when you apply it. The colour of this particular lipstick appears pretty sheer at first, but it darkens within minutes of application. I find it goes a nice dark, but also natural(ish) pink to the lips. This is part of their "lip paint" range, and as well as being an initial lipstick it also adds a stain to the lips. This really helps add to the lasting power of this lipstick.

The only thing I do have to say is that it's not my favourite flavour of lipstick. I don't really think it's been flavoured and I think it just tastes of whatever the combinations of ingredients are. Therefore, it's not a bad lipstick taste and it's definitely bearable, it's just not my favourite flavour of lipsticks in my collection.

Overall I would rate this lipstick an 8/10 and I simply adore the novelty of this item. I'm chuffed to pieces that I've finally managed to find a pink lipstick shade that actually suits me! Have you ever tried a Barry M lipstick before? If so let me know in the comments,

Izzy K xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment