Saturday 28 January 2017

Buy Or Boycott? #2

Welcome to the second edition of my "Buy Or Boycott" series where I talk about which brands I'll continue to buy based on if they're cruelty free. You can check out my cruelty free beauty standards too. 

So here is the email that I sent out to different companies:


Let's take a look at this month's companies...

ColourPop


Their reply:



Who Is Their Parent Company?

Seed Beauty

How I respond:

I am pleased that all my questions were answered in the email. Since they do not sell in China nor test on animals themselves I would class them as cruelty free. Also, their parent company has the same policies so it appears that they play no part in animal testing. 

Buy Or Boycott this brand?

Buy. You can check out their website here!

Kylie Cosmetics


Their reply:



Who Is Their Parent Company?

They are partnered with Seed Beauty.

How I respond:

I am glad to see that they do not perform animal testing themselves, nor do their parent company. Although they did not mention whether they sell in China or not, I did research of myself and they do not appear to distribute in China. I am also glad to hear that they work with their supplies to ensure they do not test on animals either, meaning no other companies test on their behalf.

Buy Or Boycott this brand?

Buy. You can check out their website here!

Morphe 


Their reply:



Who Is Their Parent Company?

They do not have a parent company.

How I respond:

I am glad to hear that they ensure their suppliers are cruelty free. I also like that they offer vegan alternatives for their customers. Since they do not sell in China, they are not required to do any sort of animal testing.

Buy Or Boycott this brand?

Buy. You can check out their website here!

So here are all the brands I decided to discuss this month. It's also my first post of 2017, so I hope it's been useful! Thanks for reading,

Izzy K xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment