Saturday 16 December 2017

My Thoughts On Beauty & Lifestyle Advent Calendar's

In today's post I thought I'd talk about something a little different as I wanted to share my honest opinions on beauty and lifestyle calender's. This is something I had planned to write around for weeks, even before a scandal I'm sure you've heard about. Therefore I'm in no way throwing shade at a particular product, I just had a few things on my mind about the topic that I wanted to get off my chest. 


First of all I don't understand the price of them. I mean I get you're receiving your money's worth for the amount you get (or at least you're supposed to). But in comparison to a cheeky chocolate calendar, which only cost a couple of quid, you do have to admit they're on the pricey side of the spectrum, some being priced at £30+!

Now I understand you get to try a few new things and products in sample sizes, which is a fun idea since you get to try a bit of everything. However, I'd rather use the money I'd spend on an advent calendar where I might not like or use everything, on an additional present that I know I or the person I'm buying for would definitely receive. For me I can't justify spending that amount of money on sample sizes that I might not even like in the first place.

And lastly, I find that people are getting too wrapped up in the gifts (pun not intended) they'll receive everyday leading up to Christmas, and the excitement of Christmas day is just getting lost. Like I feel like it's become all about how many presents people can get before Christmas, as well on Christmas day and it just feels less special to me.

I'm not saying there's no way I'd ever not buy a beauty of lifestyle calendar, I just haven't found one yet where I can really justify spending the money on it. And I have nothing against people buying them, I know some people that genuinely enjoy every single item they get in theirs. I'm just saying some products really seem overpriced for what they are and I just don't like seeing people be ripped off when money can be spent much better, especially at this time of the year.

What are your thoughts on advent calendars, and do you actually recommend any that are worth the money? Let me know in the comments and I hope you all have a wonderful Winter time :)

Izzy K xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment