Saturday 7 April 2018

Morphe Palette 350

A beauty cult favourite is the Morphe 350 palette which retails for £23. There was a huge phase where every beauty guru on the internet raved on about it, so I decided to give it a go for myself to see whether it lived up to the hype. 




My first thought on this palette was that I really liked the colour selection. Within this palette you get 35 warm toned neutrals, with a mix between matte and shimmery eye shadows. Every shade in this palette is wearable on an everyday basis, yet can be built up for a glamorous night look.

The packaging of this palette is the same as most of the Morphe palette range. It is a sleek matte palette which is thin and perfect for travelling. I have chucked this palette into my suitcase many times and no colours have ever shattered. The only thing I will say about the packaging is that it seems a waste to not have a mirror in the packaging, with the lid being so big. Having a mirror would make it even better for travel.




Swatches in order of rows






Now for a £23 palette I was expecting the pigmentation to be out of this world... and it just wasn't. As you can see from the photos, the shimmers and the dark shades were actually pretty decent. However, the light matte shades did near enough nothing. They barely even show up in the swatches and to be honest I only ever use them as a setting powder for my eye lids because the colour doesn't show up anyway. 

On the bright side these eye shadows are really creamy and I find them really easy to blend. So I have no complaints with how good they are to work with, it's just you need to build them up quite a bit because of the pigmentation. 

The lasting power of the shadows are good, yet still not as good as what I'd expect for the price. The colour itself lasts throughout the day, but if you don't wear any primer they tend to crease throughout the day.

So there you are that is my HONEST opinion of the cult fave eye shadow palette. Overall, considering the price I would rate it a 6/10. Like it's good don't get me wrong, but I've tried £4 palettes that really give this one a run for its money. Have you ever tried this palette before? If so let me know what you thought about it in the comments,

Izzy K xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment