Friday 15 May 2015

Zoella Creamy Madly Dreamy- Body Lotion

As I'm sure you all know, the YouTube sensation Zoella has started her own beauty range. I was way too excited to try it, and apparently I wasn't the only one as it sold out in Superdrug after just 10 hours!


Before I start this review I must point out that I adore Zoe and I have admired her for quite some time now. But I think it would be completely unfair to write a bias review so I'll ensure this post will as honest as possible. The first product I tried from her range is the Creamy Madly Dreamy body lotion. You can buy it from Superdrug for £5.00, which is a fairly good price for a body lotion. 

The first thing I distinctly noticed about this moisturizer is it had a bright smell. It smells very cute and fruity, and unlike any other moisturizer I've tried.

I also know that this product is good for your skin. On the back of the packaging it says it is "enriched with Vitamin E, Aloe and Shea Butter". I have extremely sensitive skin so normally just the thought of using a fragranced moisturizer makes me itch. But this surprised me as I actually found it rather soothing. 

And can we just mention how cute the packaging is? The top and bottom of the bottle is covered in an elegant lacy pattern and the colour scheme is a vibrant pink colour. I'm very impressed with how professional Zoe's whole range looks. 



Look how cute the lace design is though!



One issue I have, however, is that it's not very long lasting. From the moisturizer point of view, I feel like it only works for a couple of hours, if that. When I apply it in the evening, the silky skin I had is already gone by the time I wake up the next day. It's also quite thick to apply and takes a while to absorb into your skin. If you are looking for a top quality body lotion, there are other brands that would definitely do a better job.

This lotion is great for if you want to make you skin that extra bit softer if you're on a budget. Overall, I would rate this product a 7/10. I would also recommend it to a friend, providing they are a fan of Zoe and would want to support her. I'd love to try some more products in the Zoella Beauty range so if you have any recommendations let me know in the comments xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment