Friday 12 June 2015

Rimmel Bronzer

The other day when I popped into Superdrug they were having an offer where if you spend over £9 on Rimmel you get a free bronzer. This was ideal for me because I was planning on picking up a few items that would cost over £9 and bronzer was one of the things on my list anyway. What a bargain!


I picked up the Rimmel Natural Bronzing Powder in the shade 22 Sun Bronze. It costs £5.99 from Superdrug so, although it isn't too expensive, I'm glad I got it for free. This bronzer also comes in two other shades. 

Most bronzers have a slight shimmer to them which isn't exactly ideal when you're going for the natural makeup look because it's a bit of a give-away. But this however, is completely matte and looks extremely natural. It also has spf 15 which is great for protecting your skin this summer. 



Another thing that was great about this bronzer is that the colour is fantastic. Although it is slightly on the orange side, it is a way more natural colour than other bronzers I've tried. It is also fairly light, but buildable. This makes it great for contouring without making it look like you've piled the makeup on. 

A feature that I wasn't expecting from this product is that it is waterproof. I mean I've heard of waterproof mascara and eyeliner but never bronzer. Although it isn't essential for me that bronzer is waterproof, I definitely think it helps because it means that it is long lasting. It claims to last up to 10 hours and I found that it does live up to this claim. 


I do have one criticism though and that is the packaging. It is the similar to the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, and as I said in that review I found that the packaging is too delicate. Although I haven't cracked the packaging on the bronzer yet (a huge success I know) I still feel like I'll drop it one day and it will shatter. 

I would say that this is one of the best bronzers I've tried so far. I would give it an 8/10 and that's only because I'm scared of breaking the packaging. This is a product that I will most likely be repurchasing. Have you tried this bronzer yourself, and if so what did you think? xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment