Saturday 14 November 2015

Essence Anti-Spot Compact Powder

As you guys know I'm so obsessed with my Rimmel Stay Matte powder, and well, just powders in general. A few weeks ago I decided to branch out and try a different brand and picked up the Anti-Spot Compact powder by Essence. Here are my thoughts on it:



The first thing I'll have to mention is the consistency of the product. I would say that compared to other powders I've tried, this is rather creamy in comparison. With that said, it's still a pretty powdery product that leaves your face looking extremely matte, which afterall is what you look for in a good powder. 

Something that really impressed me with this powder is that it has really good coverage. I find that on lazy days where I really can't be bothered for a full face of foundation, I can get away with just a bit of concealer and this powder on top. And then Bob's your uncle, you have an airbrushed finish to your skin. When you wear this over foundation, it does a fantastic job of making everything look even. I feel like it sets my foundation really well and stops it feeling cakey on my skin. 

This product claims that it is "anti-spot" since it has antibacterial substances in it that are supposed to fight any potential spots that may appear. I'll be honest, if you suffer from severe acne, I don't think this powder will be the cure to your problems. I don't think that this product has made my skin any worse, but I haven't seen a huge improvement in my skin. But with that said, every little helps and I appreciate the effort that Essence have made to help those of us who get the occasional bad spot. 

One thing that disappointed me with this product was the fact that it was almost hollow in the packaging. When I first saw it I was like "Yay, there's loads of this product" but after a while of using it cracks appeared. It just made it really hard to apply because it started to crumble everywhere which was a bit of a hassle. 

But overall, I would say that considering it's a really affordable product, it does the job well. I would rate this little product a 7/10 and it's the best alternative to the Rimmel Stay Matte powder I've found so far. Have you tried this powder before, and if so what did you think of it? 

Izzy K xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment