Saturday 7 November 2015

Q&A With Morgan Gifford

Hello everyone! Today I'm really excited to share a blog post with my lovely blogging friend Morgan from the blog The Rad Wife. She writes a lifestyle blog filled with what she's been loving lately. You can honestly tell that she has a passion for writing, and a love of life so if you're looking for a great quality blog to read, go check her out because she won't let you down.

Isn't she beautiful!

Here are the questions I asked her:

1. Do you remember what it was that inspired you to write your first ever blog post?

Growing up I idolized bloggers and YouTuber’s. I thought it was so cool that you could put your own content out there without needing a publisher or a producer. Then when I was 18 I found out I was pregnant and turned to writing as a way of coping with what was going on and I turned those thoughts into a blog. It was amazing to see the responses from people I didn’t know who read my posts, left comments and followed me, and while I no longer write on that blog, it left me inspired to keep doing what I was doing.

2. We all have those guilty pleasure songs that we secretly jam out to when we're alone. What's yours?

Either Shoop by Salt N Pepa (I know all the words and jam out when it comes on…don’t question it), or Beyonce’s Drunk in Love.

3. What is your favourite topic to talk about on your blog?

I don’t really have one; I like sharing most things. If I had to pick something though it would probably be personal life stories. I love reading them, and I love writing them.

4. Throughout our lives we all get handy bits of advice given to us. Do you remember what the best piece of advice you've ever been given was?

Since I was little my mom’s been telling me the one thing my grandpa used to say to her and her siblings when they were little: “Work hard, waste nothing, and make the most of your opportunities”. I think that’ll stick with me forever.

5. Let's face it, we're all either cat or dog people. Are you more of a cat or dog person and why

I’m more of a dog person. And more than that, I’m a big dog person. I love cats, but dogs are so much more affectionate and have much more energy. I’ve grown up my whole life with dogs, and while we’ve had cats sporadically, dogs will always have a special place in my heart. Even if they do drink out of the toilet.

6. Is there a particular event in your life that you think has changed you the most?

Definitely getting pregnant the summer after I graduated high school. I had to grow up and make a lot of decisions really quickly. I had to learn how to tell people “no” and to be independent because for a while I was a single mom. I grew up a lot and gained so much more self-confidence because I wasn’t relying on someone else to make my decisions for me, and I think that’s made me a stronger person.

7. If you could swap lives with any blogger for a day, who would you pick?

Probably Helene from Helene In Between. She’s so down to Earth and cool, and she seems like she really makes the most out of her life.

8. If you could change one thing about your blogging experience so far, what would you change?

Well, I’m only a month in so far, but I’d say I really want to work harder on growing through my various social networking platforms. And maybe be better organized.

9. Do you still remember the first blogger you ever started reading, and if so who were they?

I don’t remember, but I wish I did. It was some fashion blogger girl who always dressed so cool and I always thought “wow I’d love to do that”.

10.What are you hopping to achieve with your blog in the next year?

I want to keep putting out content that people are enjoying, and I’d love to have several hundred more followers, and at least quadruple my monthly page views. I’d also love to start monetizing my blog and maybe incorporate vlogging into my blog as well.

Thank you so much for taking part Morgan, it was a pleasure to have you feature on my blog. I absolutely love your aspirations for your blog. And I really hope everyone else enjoyed reading Morgan's lovely answers. Thank you so much for reading,

Izzy K xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment