Saturday 20 February 2016

Mac Velvet Teddy Matte Lipstick

For my birthday I was lucky enough to receive 2 Mac lipsticks from my friends (thank you sooo much guys you really spoiled me) and one of those shades was Velvet Teddy. They know me well because I had my eye on this particular shade for a while because it seems like the perfect nude, as well as being the iconic "Kylie Jenner" lipstick. This lipstick usually retails for around £15.50


The first thing I want to talk about is the packaging. I personally find the bullet shape and black and silver colours very classy. And not just that, the rounded shape of the lid really makes them unique to any other brand and recognizable. However, one criticism I have with the packaging is that all the shades look the same from the outside. That means that without memorizing all the names, it's hard to distinguish between them without taking the lid off. 




For me this is the absolute perfect nude shade. It's dark enough so that it doesn't look like you have concealer lips, but also not too dramatic. It also has a slight pink tint to it to make it look more natural, but even if you don't suit pink (like I don't) it will still look great on you. 


Since this is a matte lipstick, I find that this lipstick has insane lasting power. It's extremely transfer resistant and it even survives throughout a meal without smudging. The texture of the lipstick is fantastic too, since it's very creamy and doesn't dry your lips out which is rare for a matte lipstick.


And last but not least I have to talk about the taste of this product. I found that Mac lipsticks have a unique taste to them, where it distinctly tastes of lipstick but also very yummy if that makes sense! When choosing a lipstick you have to make sure that it tastes good because, well, it's going on your lips. Velvet Teddy definitely lived up to my taste test.  

All in all I would rate this lipstick a 9/10 and I'm definitely gonna pop to Mac for a cheeky little lipstick haul because I was so impressed. Have you tried any Mac lipsticks before, and if so which ones do you recommend? 

Izzy K xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment