Saturday 8 April 2017

Sleek Mascara Lethal Length

As someone who has recently switched to cruelty free makeup, something that has been lacking in my makeup collection is cruelty free mascara. I turned to one of my trusted brands, Sleek, and picked up their Lethal Length Mascara from Superdrug for £6.99, which I consider a good price.





The brush of this mascara is something I fell for instantly. It's made up of lots of fine and strong bristles which guarantee a clump free application. On one side of the brush the bristles are bigger than the other, making it easy to use on both top and lower lashes.

However, for me the formula of the mascara isn't exactly what I'm looking for. I desire long and luscious lashes which are bold and defined. But since this mascara is a pretty dry and fine formula, I find I have to build up several layers to get the look I want. And even then it doesn't seem as dramatic as other mascaras I've tried in the past.

But what I will say is that this mascara is the best one I've ever tried for lower lashes. I always find that other mascaras leave my lower lashes looking almost spider like, but this one is perfect to add a bit of length without looking fake.

So to summarize, this mascara is a great natural looking mascara, and it is my go-to lower lash mascara. However, for top lashes I cant' see myself reaching for this mascara often since I always have to top it up with a few coats of another mascara anyway. 

Overall I would rate this mascara a 6/10 just because it doesn't give me the results I'm personally looking for. But I still can't deny that if you're looking for a natural looking mascara, this does the job very well. Have you ever tried this mascara before? If so let me know in the comments,

Izzy K xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment