Saturday 18 November 2017

The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer

When you say "highlighter" the Mary-Lou Manizer by The Balm is often the first one that jumps to mind to many people, since it's such a hyped product. This retails for £19.99 at Superdrug, so as far as drugstore products go it's definitely on the high end side. But is it worth the price?





The first thing I want to talk about this product is the packaging. How adorable is it? The Balm's packaging always has some sort of "vintage" vibe to it, with each product coming with it's own little character on it. This highlighter has a sticker of a woman who presumably is Mary Lou herself, on the lid, making it stand out from other products in the drugstore.

And the packaging itself is of great quality. Since I suffer with an extreme case of butter fingers, I have dropped this highlighter one too many times. And do you know what happens? Nothing! Not to jinx it, but it seems to be pretty shatter resistant. And my favourite part of the packaging is that there is a high quality compact mirror on the inside of the lid, making it perfect for travel. 

As far as pigmentation goes, this product gives you a more natural look. The colour of the powder is a beigey-nude with gold undertones, and of course glitter. If you're looking for a blinding, in your face highlighter, this isn't the one for you. But if you're looking for an everyday glow I couldn't recommend a better highlighter. I find myself always grabbing for this one when I'm heading to class and want a subtle healthy glow. 

And for the price you pay for this product, you'd expect it to last all day long. And let me tell you, The Balm ensures that is the case with this highlighter. If you want a healthy all day glow, add this to your collection. And since it is pigmented, you really don't need a lot of product meaning it lasts ages in the actual pan. 

Overall, I would rate this a 10/10. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea since it doesn't blind you at first glance, yet I feel it is an essential for every day makeup. I can see myself repurchasing this product till the end, so I definitely recommend it to a friend. Have you ever tried this product? If so let me know in the comments,

Izzy K xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment