Saturday 19 September 2015

Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick

It's absolutely no secret that Rimmel Kate Moss lipsticks are my all time favourites, so I decided to branch out and try another lipstick from the Rimmel range.


The lipstick I decided to pick up was the Rimmel Lasting Finish lipstick in the shade 016 Heart Breaker. This little lipstick cost just £4.99 from Superdrug, which I thing is great deal. 


There are many things I absolutely love about this product, the first being the pigmentation. You literally only need to apply one thin layer and voila- you have full coverage! This is one of the most pigmented lipsticks I own and the colour always appears bold. 


Also, the formula is incredible. You can tell why it is called "lasting finish" because it lasts for hours. When I wear this lipstick to sixth form, the only time I need to reapply it is during lunchtime, and that's only because the colour has faded slightly from eating. Otherwise it would last all day long, I'm sure of it. And not to mention that it's fairly matte which naturally means that it lasts longer than lipstick with shine. 


And without sounding strange, I'm a fan of the taste of Rimmel lipsticks. Taste is an important factor when it comes to me choosing lipstick, because if it tastes disgusting, the last place I want to put the products is on my lips. I find this tastes just like all the Rimmel lipsticks and if you are familiar with them you know what I'm talking about. If not... well I don't exactly know how to describe it because it's not particularly flavoured, it just tastes fairly nice. 


What a poser!

There is one thing that I'm not too keen on with this product though, and that's the fact that it's quite drying on your lips. I find it's not smooth which makes it not so easy to glide on your lips. In fact, I think its a little more drying than the Rimmel Kate Moss lipsticks, and they're pretty drying themselves. This isn't a huge issue and if you put a lip balm on before, it protects your lips from drying out. 

This didn't have to be on here, but Kitty was being cuddly 
when I was taking pictures for this post! 

I'm quite a huge fan of this lipstick and it's become one of my "go-to" lipsticks, especially for Sixth form due to its lasting power. I would rate this product a 7.5/10 and would recommend this to everyone, especially if you're a beginner with makeup or are on a budget. Have you tried this product, and if so what shade did you get? xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment