Saturday 23 January 2016

Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipstick

Naughty old me had this review planned for one year, that's right, ONE YEAR! And I've still only got round to doing it now. But don't you worry, this product is still available in stores. 

The lipstick I picked up was Maybelline Colour Sensational in Midnight Plum, from Superdrug for just £6.99. I'd seen loads of photos of Perrie Edwards rocking purple lips, and since I'm such a fangirl I immediately wanted to try out purple lips myself. Here's what I thought of the actual lippie:


As far as pigmentation goes, this isn't the boldest lipstick. With just one layer, the lipstick is most definitely visible, but by applying a couple of layers you'll achieve a full colour. This lipstick has glitter particles, which adds to the shine of the lipstick. 



I was extremely impressed by the formula of this lipstick, and how well it glides onto your lips. It's quite a soft lipstick, with a shine to it that feels great on the lips. 



Something else that really impressed me was the lasting power of the lipstick. Even though it doesn't have the boldest colour, the colour that is applied lasts for hours, despite it not being advertised as a long lasting lipstick. And I find that it's transfer resistant too. 


One layer of this lipstick

An important thing to consider with lipstick is the taste, since it's going to be on your lips. Maybelline have done a good job with this one because although it isn't flavoured, the lipstick still tastes rather sweet. 

Overall I would rate it 7/10 since the boldness of a colour is something that I look for in a lipstick. However, if you're looking for a natural looking lipstick I would definitely recommend this range to you. And with that said, this lipstick is very buildable allowing you to customize the colour to your desire. Have you tried this lipstick before, if so what do you think of it? 

Izzy K xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment