Saturday 9 January 2016

Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette

I don't think I've ever been so excited to write about a makeup product before! This palette is something that I've had my eyes on for a very long time and I legitimately can't believe I'm lucky enough to have my hands on it. If you watched my Winter Favourites video or saw my Instagram post you will know that my sister was kind enough to get me the Naked 2 Palette by Urban Decay. I've been after one for a while, (particularly this palette because it goes well with brown eyes) so she knows me well and I'm so very thankful that she brought it for me.

I've literally been using it every day since I've got it, and been trying it out so I could give an in depth review on the eyeshadows. So let's get started:


The packaging


I'm actually obsessed with the whole aesthetic of this palette. It's a metallic browny colour (soz I'm really bad at naming colours). The lid clicks shut so it's great for travel because you know it won't open by mistake. There is a mirror on the inside, and it's actually a good quality, clear one so you can really see what you're doing whilst applying the eyeshadow. 


The actual palette is on the top and the 
fancy card packaging it comes in is underneath 

The brush


Inside the packaging there is also an eyeshadow brush included, and this is literally the best eyeshadow brush I own. It has two ends, the first is a fluffy brush, ideal for applying the eyeshadow on the lid and blending it out. It also has a flat end which I find is ideal for applying colours onto the crease. This brush is honestly so soft and I just know that it will last a long time too. 


The fluffy end of the brush

The flatter end of the brush

The pigments


I think one of the reasons this palette is pretty pricey is because the colours are SO pigmented. You seriously just need to apply one layer of one colour and you'll have a bold eye look. Of course, they are also really blendable so you can soften the look if that's what you're going for. 



The colours


The Naked 2 palette comes with 12 lovely colours, 3 matte and 9 shimmery shades. What I really like about the selection of colours is that all of them work well together. There's no random colour that stands out and can't use with the rest of the colours. You can use different combinations to create either a natural or dramatic look, which I love because you can use it for any occasion.





The lasting power


To be completely and utterly honest I have mixed feelings about the lasting power of these eyeshadows. On the one hand the colours never fade and basically last until you remove your makeup. On the other hand, the colours do kinda crack in the creases of your eye after a few hours. I've heard that when you wear the primer they last perfectly well. But to be brutally honest, I think for the price they should be able not to crack without a primer. Don't get me wrong, the colours themselves do last all day though. 

The finish


I think my favourite thing about this palette (although there are many) has to be what the eyeshadows actually look like when on. They have a finish unlike any other eyeshadows I've tried. They appear so pigmented and the shimmery shades are just the right amount of shimmer so that you look elegant but not like a glitter ball impersonator. 

So there was my little summary of the Naked 2 palette which I'm so very lucky to have been given. This is no doubt the best makeup palette I've ever tried, and I truly think this beats every dupe for it I have. Overall I would rate this product a 9.5 (one of my highest ever ratings) because I really don't think you could improve this product much and I would definitely recommend it to a friend. Have you tried any Naked Palettes before, and if so, which is your favourite? I'd love to know in the comments, 

Izzy K xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment