Friday 18 July 2014

Wake Me Up Foundation

Before buying Wake Me Up by Rimmel I had heard quite a lot about it. I had seen many Beauty Gurus and friends recommend it so, obviously, I wanted to try it out myself.

I brought this product from my local Superdrug for £8.99 which is a fairly standard price for what I usually spend on foundation.

Wake Me Up in the shade "Soft Beige"

What I noticed straight away, as I was applying it, was how good it smelt. I know it sounds strange to say that a foundation smells delicious and edible...but it does. To me it smells of fruit, in particular watermelon.

Another thing I rather liked is how easy it was to apply as its smooth and has a good coverage to leave my skin looking even. Also, it feels moisturising leaving my skin feeling incredibly soft to touch.

I remember that this foundation was advertised to have "light reflecting pigments". In theory this sounds great but I soon realised that these "pigments" were simply just glitter. Especially in the summer when the sun hits your face, it does make you resemble one of the characters from Twilight which, personally, I'm not too fond of!

Overall I quite like this foundation and will purchase it again in the future (I'll just deal with the fact I look like a sparkley vampire). I would recommend it to a friend and give it 7/10 because it does a good job of covering everything that needs covering: spots, dark circles etc...

I hope this was useful. I'll do my best to answer any questions in the comments. More reviews are coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment