Saturday 10 October 2015

Life With A Sprinkle Of Glitter

A couple of months ago I was lucky enough to go to the book signing of one of my favourite YouTubers, Louise Pentland, aka Sprinkle of Glitter. She is an extremely successful blogger, as well as a YouTuber with well over 2 million subscribers!



You just gotta love the front and back covers!

And as if she wasn't already successful enough, she only went and wrote a book called "Life With A Sprinkle Of Glitter", a title which I think is perfect. This book is simply filled with Louise's personality, from the aesthetic of it, to the content inside. I feel like I'm literally reading an extended version of her blog, and you lot know how much I love reading blog posts.


I still feel so blessed to have a signed copy

This book is divided into four sections which are as follows: 

Glitz:

This section is about the rather glamorous side to Louise. When I saw Louise in person at her book signing I must say that I was truly blown away by her beauty and glamour. Therefore, I'm so very grateful of her sharing her secrets in this section. I particularly like the fact that she talked about being able to pamper yourself  at home, knowing that it would be unrealistic to suggest to all her viewers to book a spa day to relax. This section includes:
  • Beauty and Pampering
  • Partying
  • Meeting Celebrities
  • The Art Of Shopping
  • Travelling in Style
Create:

This really allows the reader to get in touch with their inner creativity. It's really filled with cute little inspiration of ways to sparkle up your every day life with a bit of crafts. And I must say the "anti baking" chapter is the one for me in this book. This section includes:
  • Setting Up Home
  • Prettifying Your Room
  • Crafts
  • Anti-Baking
Need to knows:

It's so nice to read a sort of "survival guide" from someone you really admire who's been there and done that. I really appreciate that she wrote a chapter on bullying too, because she has such a large audience to who her book appeals to and it's important that they realise that bullying isn't tolerated in this society and that they're not going through it alone. I also think its fantastic that this section will help build up young girl's confidence. It's so important for girls to have a strong confident woman role model, and this is definitely Louise. She's able to give tips and advice to literally thousands of girls around the world on the following topics:
  • Surviving Education
  • Bullying
  • Online Safety
  • Body Confidence
  • Comfort Zones
All about love:

I really admire Louise for sharing personal stories about the likes of dating and her love life. I feel like I really learned more about her and also, I had a good ol' giggle at some of the stories! Also, the chapters about Darcy and spreading kindness melted my heart and left me in a really good mood. This section includes:
  • Boys and Lurve
  • Dating
  • Bonding With Baby
  • Being Kind
And finally, I have to say that I adore the whole look of the book. I hadn't seen it before I went to her signing and the moment it was handed out to me I kinda froze because I was able to hold something so adorable. The book's theme is pastel colours, which some of you may know are my favourite colours, and there is even a little touchy-feely pot of glitter on the front. It's such a great little touch to the cover (if you'll pardon the pun).

I can't even deal with the cuteness of the page designs 


I truly had a wonderful read out of this book and I constantly find myself going back to it. Whether it's to learn something new or as a little pick-me-up, I know that this book will have just what I'm looking for. I don't often give 10/10 on a review, but I honestly can't think what could be added to this book to make it better. Although I do feel like this book is aimed at the female population, I believe that this book would have something for everyone. If you haven't already got your hands on "Life With A Sprinkle Of Glitter" please get yourself a copy. Have any of you read this book, and if so what did you think of it?

Izzy K xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment